New York Forward Phase 3 Guidelines for
Beak & Skiff’s Apple Hill
In accordance with Phase 3 guidelines set forth by New York State for food service and retail establishments, Beak & Skiff is committed to providing a safe environment for both its customers and employees. We are happy to install and enforce the following safeguards, including but not limited to:
- Limit indoor capacity to no more than 50% of maximum occupancy, exclusive of employees.
- Limit outdoor capacity to the number of tables that can be safely and appropriately arranged, such that each table is a minimum of 6 ft. away from another.
- All indoor and outdoor tables with seating for customers must be separated by a minimum of 6 ft. in all directions.
- Wherever distancing is not feasible between tables, physical barriers must be enacted between such tables. Barriers must be at least 5 ft. in height and not block emergency and/or fire exits.
- Regardless of physical distance, employees must wear an acceptable face covering at all times.
- Patrons must wear face coverings at all times, except while seated; provided that the patron is over the age of 2 and able to medically tolerate such covering.
- Individuals seated at the same table must be members of the same party (but may be from different households), with a maximum of 10 people per table.
- Seating in bar areas and communal tables are only permitted if at least 6 ft. can be maintained between parties.
- Clearly signal 6 ft. spacing in any lines for customers waiting to order, pick-up food, be seated, or use the restroom, as well as in any pick-up or payment location.
- Designate entrances/exits for customers and separate entrances/exits for employees, where possible.
- Limit in-person gatherings (e.g. staff meetings) to the greatest extent possible.
- Establish designated areas for vendor pickups and/or deliveries, limiting contact to the extent possible
Protective Equipment (Employees)
- All employees will be health screened daily before beginning their shift and will adhere to hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Onondaga County Department of Health (DOH).
- All employees will wear an acceptable face covering at all times and will practice sanitary hand hygiene and use bare hand barriers consistent with state and local sanitary codes.
- Acceptable face coverings include but are not limited to cloth (e.g. homemade sewn, quick cut, bandana), surgical masks, and face shields.
- Regularly clean and disinfect the establishment and more frequently clean and disinfect high risk areas used by many individuals and for frequently touched surfaces (e.g. restrooms). Beak & Skiff will have a dedicated team member responsible for continuously cleaning and sanitizing tables and high touch surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfection must be rigorous and ongoing and should occur at least after each shift, daily, or more frequently if needed.
- Ensure that equipment is regularly cleaned and disinfected using registered disinfectants, including at least as often as employees change workstations.
Protective Equipment and Hygiene (Customers)
- Customers will be required to wear face coverings when not seated at a table (e.g. when waiting for pickup, placing order at counter/window, walking to/from table, walking to/from restroom).
- Customers will be encouraged to wear face coverings when seated at a table and not eating and/or drinking.
- Provide guests with a single-use, paper, disposable menus and/or display menus on white boards/chalk boards/televisions/projectors.
- Encourage customers to view menus online (e.g. on their own smartphone or electronic device), where possible.
- If menu order devices (e.g. buzzers) are provided to alert to customers that their order is ready, such devices will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each use.
- Takeout orders will be contactless and food items will be boxed and/or bagged using tamper evident seals.
- We are committed to making Beak & Skiff hand sanitizer available throughout common areas and place it in convenient locations, such as at entrances, exits, and cashiers, for customer use.