Apple Packing Line Operator
|Job Title:||Apple Packing Line Operator||FLSA
|Department:||Packing Barn Warehouse||Reports To:||Logistics & Packing Manager|
Under the supervision of the Logistics & Packing Manager, this position will perform all duties related to apple packing line operations, sanitation, and storage.
Seasonal 40 hrs/week
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for safely operating the apple packing line while adhering to food safety and sanitation certification policies of the 1911 Cider House.
- Accurately labels all packed cases and records related document requirements.
- Recognize and resolve improperly adjusted components.
- Inspect for proper machine component performance.
- Perform in-production cleaning.
- Follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Understand and follow sanitation procedures of packing line.
- Operate forklift and power jack.
- Work well with coworkers on the packing line team under the direction of the manager.
- Trouble-shoot issues quickly and without constant direction to keep production on schedule.
- Expect to consistently meet production goals regardless of the unforeseen issues that arise in the facility.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- High School diploma preferred.
- One (1) year experience working in line packing preferred.
- Forklift certification and power jack experience preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Use of personal computer is not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Strong oral communication skills to interact with co-workers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Ability to work productively in a fast paced, stressful environment.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- This position does not require the use of a computer.
|Physical Activity||N/A||Average Amount of Time Per Day|
|Sit (e.g., at desk, in vehicle)||✔|
|Motion of hands or wrists (e.g., typing)||✔|
|Finger, grasp, handle, or feel||✔|
|Push and pull with arms||✔|
|Reach with arms and/or hands||✔|
|Crouch, bend, or kneel||✔|
Medium work – Ability to exert up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly. A negligible amount of force is constantly required to move objects.
Inside Work: With exposure to temperature changes (e.g., unheated or uncooled warehouse).
Light mental and visual attention to set up, regulate, or adjust simple machines or processes where there is some variety, but actions taken, and decisions made are limited to few possibilities. Work requires some coordination with others.
- Ability to stand and work on a packing line for 8-hour shift.
This position does not require travel.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
|I acknowledge that I have read this job description and have received a copy for my records.|
To apply, please send application (link below) and resume to to email@example.com