CDL Class A Driver
|Job Title:||CDL Class A Driver||FLSA
|Department:||Storage||Reports To:||Logistics Manager, Jackie Beak-Tubbs|
As a CDL Driver the primary responsibility is the day to day execution of the logistics plan. This includes making both local and long-haul (Regional) deliveries and intra company deliveries with a tractor trailer. Must be a team player who is reliable and possess a clean driving record.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Executes the daily plan as set by the Logistics Manager.
- Picks orders, load / unload trucks.
- Executes local and regional deliveries.
- Executes internal company deliveries.
- Uses electronic log books effectively.
- Conducts daily equipment inspections
- Gives input on maintenance requirements.
- Completes light maintenance & adjustments on fleet vehicles. Includes but not limited to: weekly cleaning & washing, greasing, replacing lights, fluids, other as applicable. Light maintenance including brake adjustments.
- Completes required weekly reporting: Mileage logs, hourly tracking, submits expense receipts.
- Works with facility managers and warehouse personnel to adhere to all GFSI certification requirements such as SQF, Primus-GFS, etc.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Valid CDL Class-A driver’s license required
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing, and DOT physical
- Forklift experience required.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Tanker endorsement a plus.
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Min. 5 years experience driving a tractor trailer with references.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Oral communication skills to interact with co-workers and vendors in a professional and helpful manner.
- Ability to work productively in a fast paced, stressful environment where routes vary daily.
Equipment, Machines Used:
This position requires the regular use of a Trucks, Vans, Trailers, Flatbed Trailers, Refrigerator Units, Forklifts, Pallet Jacks, Loading Docks.
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and reading.
|Physical Activity||N/A||Average Amount of Time Per Day|
|Sit (e.g., at desk, in vehicle)||✔|
|Motion of hands or wrists (e.g., typing)||✔|
|Finger, grasp, handle, or feel||✔|
|Push and pull with arms||✔|
|Reach with arms and/or hands||✔|
|Lift and stack with hands/arms||✔|
Common: Hook, unhook trailers, load unload trucks with hand powered pallet jack, stack full boxes on pallets, shovel, spread sand / salt. Must be able to repeatedly lift full cases of cider up to 55lbs. Climb ladder to service / wash truck. Light maintenance of trucks and trailers. Must be able to strap and unstrap flatbed loads efficiently and safely.
Work Days: Normal work days are Monday – Friday. Saturday work is required during peak periods, especially in September and October.
Inside Work: With exposure to temperature changes (e.g., unheated or uncooled warehouse, coolers and freezers).
This position requires minimal travel (outside of daily operations). Occasional overnights may be required.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.