Hemp House Extraction Technician
|Job Title:||Extraction Technician||FLSA
|Department:||Hemp House||Reports To:||Hemp House Operations Manager|
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Operator in production laboratory for cannabis oil concentrates.
- Preparing biomass for solvent based extraction and post processing.
- Maintain production records and track key metrics, regularly report findings to management.
- Maintain batch production records in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Technicians are expected to adhere to specific quality control SOP’s regarding procedural operations and quality of product produced.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high-stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when the situation requires.
- General routine maintenance on lab equipment. Troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and regular data logging.
- Laboratory and equipment cleanup. Wash and sterilize lab surfaces, glassware, equipment, reactors, and any other ancillary lab equipment.
- Maintain and log all data sheets for chemicals and products physically and digitally.
- Regular communication with the Management Team is to be maintained to ensure all operational needs are met and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved proactively.
- Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements.
- Run analytical equipment.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Quality Control testing of in-process materials and finished product.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities may change at any time since this is a plant startup which will provide an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and solve problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- 3+ years’ experience in a processing environment.
- Able to interpret and follow complex, written, verbal and technical instructions. Must be able to adhere to facility SOPs.
- Ability to keep an accurate inventory in real-time.
- Must be able to work an entire shift, when necessary, in an enclosed room.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position as well as move about unassisted.
- Must be able to safely and carefully operate and use assigned equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch as circumstances arise during the course of a shift.
- Must be able to hear and converse with supervisors and other employees.
- Must be able to see and read small print.
- Must be able to work in a moderate noise level environment.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour or 10-hour shift and overtime as assigned.
- Must have sufficient range of motion with arms and hands to reach overhead and to the side, often repetitively, during a 12-hour or 10-hour shift.
Must be able to ascend/descend a step ladder while carrying up to 50 pounds of materials.
- Secondary degree in a science field.
- Experience in a laboratory setting, analyzing experimental data, and documenting results.
- Experience in a GMP, ISO 9001, SQF or other GFSI certified facility would be highly considered.
- Experience with solvent or supercritical CO2 extraction will be highly considered.
- General knowledge of production processes and procedures.
- General understanding of basic laboratory terminology and concepts.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound technical ability and ability to learn complex procedures in a timely manner.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
This position requires the regular use of hammer mill, centrifuge, distillation equipment and laboratory equipment.
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work.
|Average Amount of Time Per Day|
|Sit (e.g., at desk, in vehicle)||x|
|Motion of hands or wrists (e.g., typing)||x|
|Finger, grasp, handle, or feel||x|
|Push and pull with arms||x|
|Reach with arms and/or hands||x|
|Crouch, bend, or kneel||x|
Inside Work: With exposure to temperature changes (e.g., unheated or uncooled warehouse).
This position does not require travel.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
|I acknowledge that I have read this job description and have received a copy for my records.|